As Canada’s first pre-certified LEED Platinum office, Eighth Avenue Place reflects a whole-building approach to sustainability. The towers function with an eye towards excellence in cost efficiency and environmental responsibility.
Eighth Avenue Place has implemented the following green initiatives throughout its construction:
- Use of recycled and regional construction materials
- Recycling of more than 75% of construction debris
- Low-flow and water saving plumbing features
- High efficiency lighting systems
- Shaded windows to reduce cooling needs during warm months and heat loss through the windows during colder months.
- Initiated a building-wide recycling program
- Implemented a "green" cleaning program to reduce the use of harmful chemicals, improve indoor air quality, and reduce waste
- Installation of a green roof for storm water absorption
Why is this important?
Copyright © 2008 - 2021 EIGHTH AVENUE PLACE . All rights reserved.
- Lower Operating Costs – efficient use of energy, water and waste management lower the operating costs of the building. These savings trickle down and are passed on to the tenants.
- Increased Tenant Comfort - the balance of interior wall placement, large efficient windows and full-spectrum lighting systems create more efficient and comfortable environments.
- Increased Tenant Health and Safety - Carpet, adhesives, and paint are made from low volatile organic compounds and heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning systems are highly efficient, running 85%-90% clean air.
- Doing your part – being associated with a building that cares in all aspects – from building to maintenance to sustainability – allow you, your company and clients, to feel good knowing you are contributing to lowering the carbon footprint.
- Reduced the environmental impact of commuters by providing bike-to-work facilities and hybrid vehicle incentives.